Monday, September 14, 2009

Another First

Last summer, after learning of Stephanie Nielson and her almost fatal plane crash, I began reading all of the archived posts on her blog NieNie Dialogues. I just love the way this woman views Life and her role as a Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister and Friend! I have bookmarked many of Stephanie's posts with the thought that I could borrow some of her wonderful ideas and incorporate them into my own family life.

One of those ideas is the tradition of a Family Back to School Feast. Since A&O were starting Pre-School I thought this was the perfect time to start our very own Back to School Feast tradition. Since we were dealing mainly with three year olds, I didn't go too crazy. I hope to create some special crowns that will be presented on Kindergarten Eve (with the thought of using the same crowns each year but adding a little something to them to remind them of each grade).


The table: brought out the good china!



Big half sister J (I'm thinking this is her debut on my blog!)



O enjoying her meal!


A loving her milk out of a glass goblet!

We all had fun and look forward to a great school year!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I read about that too and agree this is a wonderful idea. I might steal your crown idea too. Adorable goblet picture!