Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Little Fishies

One of my favorite bloggers recently wrote a post about water safety called I don't mean to scare you. But.... Guess what? It scared me! As a result I got on the phone and enrolled my girls in swimming lessons at our local YMCA. They started last Saturday and LOVED it!


Before starting the class the kids sit at the water's edge and the pool rules are explained. The last rule was about telling the instructor right away if you have to use the bathroom. No sooner were the words out and my girls, in unison, say "I have to go potty!" One at a time we marched off to the locker room. I hate trying to slide a wet suit down my own legs, let alone the legs of a "freezing" toddler (x2!).



A class of paddling, kicking, and jumping can really wear a kid out!

Looking forward to the next lesson....

No comments: