Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I knew this was coming

Ever since A&O started preschool I've been hanging multiple works of art much more frequently. We've got paintings in the playroom, living room and kitchen, and collages in the dining room. I spied some sculptures drying on a shelf at 'school' yesterday when I picked the girls up. Where to put those when they make their way home?! I either need more wall and storage space or to be less sentimental. What the heck does a Mommy do with all of these Masterpieces?!? At this point I'm displaying each work for a week or two, then taking photos of them before taking them down and hiding most in the bottom of the recycling bin. But... some just tug at my heartstrings (those little hand prints!) and then those go into the growing pile on the floor in the guestroom. Maybe at the end of the year I'll weed through the pile and save a couple of pieces for each girl.



Did your parents save any of your artwork from when you were a child? If so, what did you do with it? If not, do you wish they had?

No comments: