Friday, November 6, 2009

November



Last Sunday morning, November 1, at 7am I was taking down and packing away all of the Halloween decorations. By the time Kevin and the girls came down the stairs for breakfast I had candles in turkey candlesticks as the table centerpiece and a couple of Thanksgiving decorations adorning the chandelier.

Don't get me wrong, I love Halloween. But because the actual holiday of Halloween is one filled with great excitement, frights, and sugar highs, it is almost as if I feel all of those things the whole time the decorations are up.

I'm feeling a lot calmer these days with the warm colors of Autumn dotted throughout the house. There is an excitement about Thanksgiving (yummy turkey with all of the trimmings and pies galore!) but it is a more relaxed, homier feeling. I'm liking it!

No comments: