Before I get into this post I wanted to let you know that I met my goal of getting the down comforters cut, sewn, washed, dried, inserted in duvet covers and placed on my girls' beds that Monday night! They look and, more importantly, feel amazing!! And, we think the current bed skirt color works just fine with the new duvet covers so I was able to cross that dye project off of my to-do list. I'm working on the matching curtains and will post a pic of their room once the curtains are up ("getting it done" goal: 2/4).
Kevin and I bought our house as a 'fixer upper'. I can't even begin to describe the dilapidated state this gorgeous house had been allowed to fall into (we have photos that prove we aren't kidding!). We had a plan in place for the renovation but once we started the demo part of the plan, we were pretty overwhelmed with everything. At that point we took a step back and decided to work on one project at a time, from start to finish. I should also mention here that we were both working full time, Kevin was working on his second Master's degree and we were hoping to start a family. So, that's part of the reason why we have not had a door or mirror on our medicine cabinet in our bathroom since 2000! I'm happy to report that my dear Kevin managed to finally build a custom three paneled door for our extremely large medicine cabinet and it is finally done and we love it (although it was much easier for two people to get ready at the same time when you didn't have to step aside to let the other person get into the cabinet!).
The only "before" pic I have but it allows you to see some of our toiletries lined up in our "open styled" cabinet! This is from '09 when the girls were watching Daddy wash his face one morning.
The finished product!